I’m a classical music junkie, a notorious speed-reader, and a bit of a fangirl, who dabbles in way too many hobbies. All right, “a bit of a fangirl” is probably understating it. If I like something, then trust me. . . you’ll hear about it before I’m through.
Historical fiction is my favorite genre, and yet I write fantasy. Why? Because the world and characters I innocuously invented seven years ago have expanded to consume 90% of my waking thoughts (only occasionally, to my regret, do I dream about them). For real, though, it’s at the point where I’m writing historical fiction about their world now. Or can it be fiction when you’re the omniscient chronicler? I’ll have to figure that one out.
Life is too short for food. Give me books.
I spend my days:
- Working part-time on a dairy farm with obnoxious and occasionally lovable calves
- Preparing Sunday School lessons for a crew of the most adorable five- and six-year-olds in the world
- Memorizing my favorite movie soundtracks
- Composing fan music for my friends’ books (Visit my YouTube channel here)
- Recording audio versions of my books (usually with the wrong microphone by accident)
- Being perpetually awestruck by the beauty of the countryside where I live, and seized with inspiration to set it faithfully down in crude English
- And yes, writing — compulsively writing — but do I really have to spell it out for you?
Finally, I am a Christian. God is my Helper, my strength, my song, and the one who has given me any skill I have. I am not my own, but belong, body and soul, in life and in death, to my faithful savior Jesus Christ.
Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen. - Romans 11:33, 36